IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use recommended John Deere greases to avoid component failure and premature wear.
The recommended John Deere greases are effective within an average air temperature range of -29 to 135 degrees C (-20 to 275 degrees F).
If operating outside that temperature range, contact your Servicing dealer for a special-use grease.
The following greases are preferred:
· John Deere Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Grease
· John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Complex Grease
If not using any of the preferred greases, be sure to use a general all-purpose grease with an NLGI grade No.2 rating.
Wet or high speed conditions may require use of a special-use grease. Contact your Servicing dealer for information.
Lubricating Front Axle
Wheel Spindles and Bushings
· Lubricate front wheel spindle grease fitting (A) and wheel hub grease fitting (B), one on each side, with one or two shots of general all-purpose grease.
Front Axle Pivot
· Lubricate front axle center pivot grease fitting (C) with one or two shots of general all-purpose grease.
Lubricating Pivot Points
107 cm (42 in.) Deck:
A - Blade Brake Pivots
B - Deck Idler Pivot
C - Spindle Grease Fitting (2)
· Lubricate the blade brake pivots (A) and deck idler pivot (B) with a general all-purpose spray lubricant.
· Lubricate the two spindle grease fittings (C) with one or two shots of general all-purpose grease.
122 cm (48 in.) Deck and 137 cm (54 in.) Deck:
Picture Note: 122 cm (48 in.) deck used for illustration.
A - Deck Idler Pivot
B - Spindle Grease Fitting (3)
· Lubricate the deck idler pivot (A) with a general all-purpose spray lubricant.
· Lubricate the three spindle grease fittings (B) with one or two shots of general all-purpose grease.