IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use recommended John Deere greases to avoid component failure and premature wear.
The recommended John Deere greases are effective within an average air temperature range of -29 to 135 degrees C (-20 to 275 degrees F).
If operating outside that temperature range, contact your Servicing dealer for a special-use grease.
The following greases are preferred:
• John Deere Multi-Purpose SD Polyurea Grease
• John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Complex Grease
If not using any of the preferred greases, be sure to use a general all-purpose grease with an NLGI grade No.2 rating.
Wet or high speed conditions may require use of a special-use grease. Contact your Servicing dealer for information.
The following lubricant is preferred:
• SUPER LUBE® lubricant.1
Lubricating Machine Grease Fittings
• Extremely Wet and Muddy Conditions
- Lubricate machine grease fittings (A) every 10 hours of operation or on a daily basis.
• All Other Conditions
- Lubricate machine grease fittings every 50 hours of operation.
Picture Note: Parts have been removed for better view.
Picture Note: Clamp loosened and boot pulled back for better view.
A - Power Steering Cylinder
B - Main Driveline - Front
C - Main Driveline - Rear
D - MFWD Driveline - Rear
E - MFWD Driveline - Front
Lubricating Hydraulic Selective Control Valve (SCV) Linkage
Picture Note: Shown with rubber boot removed.
• Lubricate SCV ball joints (A) and SCV lock lever (B) with SUPER LUBE lubricant.
Lubricating 3-Point Hitch
• Lubricate ball joints (A) with SUPER LUBE lubricant.
SUPER LUBE is a registered trademark of Synco Chemical Corp.