Safety Label Location
A - WARNING LVU22753
B - WARNING R141735
C - WARNING LVU23279
D - DANGER T146103
E - CAUTION HOT SURFACE (embossed on muffler)
F - DANGER/POISON M88249
G - DANGER LVU14509
H - CAUTION LVU21760
I - WARNING M117557
Understanding The Machine Safety Labels
The machine safety labels shown in this section are placed in important areas on your machine to draw attention to potential safety hazards.
On your machine safety labels, the words DANGER, WARNING, and CAUTION are used with this safety-alert symbol. DANGER identifies the most serious hazards.
The operator’s manual also explains any potential safety hazards whenever necessary in special safety messages that are identified with the word, CAUTION, and the safety-alert symbol.
There can be additional safety information contained on parts and components sourced from suppliers that is not reproduced in this operator’s manual.
• Hands or fingers may be pinched between folded ROPS and rear implements. Do not place hands or fingers near foldable ROPS when implements are raised.
WARNING - LVU23279
• Keep Rollover Protective Structure fully extended.
• Do not jump if machine tips.
• Use seat belt.
When structure must be down;
• DO NOT use seat belt.
• Drive with extra care.
Start only from seat in park or neutral.
Starting in gear kills.
AVOID INJURY FROM PTO .
• Keep all shields in place.
• Keep hands, feet and clothing away.
• Operate only with 540 RPM.
WARNING ROPS R141735
Picture Note: Located on inside of right side of ROPS.
If a canopy or sunshade is attached to the ROPS structure, the weight MUST be limited to 100 lb (45 kg) or less.
CAUTION - LVU24222
1. Read Operator’s Manual before operating this tractor.
2. Do not operate the machine without guards, shields, and safety devices in place and working.
3. Hitch towed loads only to rear hitch plate to avoid rearward upset.
4. Make certain children and/or others are clear of machine before starting engine or operation.
5. Keep all riders off tractor and equipment.
6. Keep hands, feet and clothing away from power driven parts.
7. Reduce speed when turning or applying brakes or operating around rough hazards on rough ground or steep slopes.
8. Use flashing warning lights on highway unless prohibited by law.
9. Stop engine, lower implement to ground and set brake before dismounting.
10. Wait for all movement to stop before servicing machinery.
11. Remove key if leaving tractor unattended.
12. Do not operate machine unless trained.
DANGER - LVU14509
ROTATING BLADES CUT OFF ARMS AND LEGS
• Do not mow when children or others are around.
• Do not mow in reverse.
• Look down and behind before and while backing.
• Never carry children even with blades off.
DANGER / POISON
Picture Note: Located on battery.
SHIELD EYES: EXPLOSIVE GASES CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS OR INJURY.
NO SPARKS, FLAMES, SMOKING.
SULFURIC ACID CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS OR SEVERE BURNS.
FLUSH EYES IMMEDIATELY WITH WATER. GET MEDICAL HELP FAST.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT TIP. KEEP VENT CAPS TIGHT AND LEVEL.
CAUTION HOT SURFACE
Picture Note: Located on muffler.
NOTE: No-text warning molded into muffler.
Do not touch engine muffler, it may be hot.
CAUTION iMatch™ Quick-Hitch LVU13502
Picture Note: Optional iMatch Quick-Hitch.
BEFORE USING, SECURE TRACTOR IMPLEMENT WITH BOTH LOCKING LUGS OVER LOWER IMPLEMENT PINS
Emission Control System Certification Label
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Statutes providing severe penalties for tampering with emissions controls may apply at the user’s location.
The emissions warranty described in the warranty section applies only to those engines marketed by John Deere that have been certified by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and/or California Air Resources Board (CARB); and used in the United States in non-road mobile (self-propelled or portable/transportable1) equipment. The presence of an emissions label like the one shown signifies that the engine has been certified with the EPA and/or CARB. The EPA and CARB warranties only apply to new engines having the certification label affixed to the engine and sold as stated above in the geographic areas governed by the regulating agencies.
NOTE: The hp/kW rating on the engine emissions certification label specifies the gross engine hp/kW, which is flywheel power without fan. In most applications this will not be the same rating as the advertised vehicle hp/kW rating.
Equipment moved at least once every 12 months.