A - Lawnmower Assembly
B - Side Discharge Chute
C - Bagger
D - Bagger Chute
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Prevent damage to mower control cables when installing handle assembly. DO NOT pinch or crimp the control cables. Control cables must be inside of handle and unrestricted before tightening hardware.
1. Carefully remove mower from shipping carton.
2. Loosen knob (A) approximately 25 mm (1 in.) on each side of upper handle.
3. Remove knob (B) and carriage bolt from each side.
4. Carefully pull folded handle assembly rearward.
5. Rotate slotted bracket (C) to match a desirable height setting with hole in handle.
6. Install carriage bolt (D) from the inside through hole in slotted bracket (C) and through handle on each side of handle. Use same hole on each side.
NOTE: If handle height is not satisfactory, move handle to another hole and height position. Bolts must travel within slotted adjustment brackets and come to rest within one of the three height setting positions (E) before tightening.
7. Install and tighten knob (B) on each bolt. Both handle knobs should be positioned on the outside of the handles.
8. Pivot upper portion of handle assembly to a straight and aligning position. Hold handle and tighten knob (A) on each side.
Install Starter Rope
NOTE: To make installation of the starter rope onto the rope guide easier, hold the blade control lever against the handle while pulling the starter rope.
Pull and install starter rope (A) onto rope guide (B) mounted on the right side of the handle.
Add Engine Oil
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! ENGINE IS SHIPPED WITHOUT OIL.
You MUST add oil before running the engine. See Service section for correct oil application.
1. Park mower on a level surface.
2. Turn oil dipstick (A) 1/4 turn to the left. Remove dipstick.
3. Add 0.47 L (16 oz) oil into dipstick tube.
4. Check oil level:
· Install dipstick. Turn dipstick 1/4 turn right to tighten.
· Remove dipstick.
· Check oil level. Oil should be to the FULL mark (B). If not, add oil.
5. Install and tighten dipstick.
6. Remove "NO OIL" tag from top of engine.
Install Grass Bag
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! DO NOT operate mower unless mulch guard, side discharge chute or grass bag and bagging chute are in place.
Bagging chute MUST be removed and mulch guard secured in place when grass bag is not being used.
1. Remove mulch guard knob (A).
2. Lift and hold spring loaded mulch guard (B) up.
3. Install bagging chute:
· Slide bagging chute (C) into position under the mulch guard mounting bracket (D).
· Insert bagging chute tab (E) into rear mower shield slot (F).
· Reinstall and tighten knob (A).
NOTE: Doors (H) on grass bag must be closed prior to installation onto the bagging chute.
4. Hang grass bag on lower handlebar.
5. Open spring loaded bagging chute safety door (I).
6. Install grass bag onto bagging chute.
· Grass bag handle (J) should "snap" down onto tab (K).
· Make sure front of grass bag (L) rests in bagging chute bracket (M).
1. Connect spark plug wire (A) to spark plug.
2. Put enough fuel in fuel tank to test mower operation.
3. Press primer bulb (B) three times to prime engine.
4. Hold blade control lever (C) against handle.
5. Start engine and check mower operation. (See Operating section.)