Remove Mower From Box
1. Cut and remove the tie strap from the driveline.
2. Remove and discard the screw holding the driveline. Remove the driveline from the box.
3. Remove and discard the screw from the right, rear of the mower.
4. Remove and discard the screw from the left front of the mower.
5. Remove bag of parts.
6. Remove the mower from the pallet.
Install The Mower Wheel Right Side Up
The mower is shipped with the rear mower wheel upside down.
1. Remove the ring (A) and the drilled pin.
2. Remove the wheel and bracket.
3. Install the wheel right side up in the last position as shown.
4. Install the drilled pin and the ring (B).
Install Mower Discharge Chute
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! To avoid injury:
· NEVER operate mower without chute in place.
· Hold chute firmly on mower deck when installing, mower discharge chute is spring loaded.
· After installing chute on deck check to MAKE SURE hinge on chute is working properly by opening chute and releasing it. Chute MUST spring back to the LOWERED position.
1. Install mower discharge chute to mower deck with two M8 x 16 bolts (A) and lock nuts (B).
2. Tighten nuts to 20 N·m (15 ft-lb).
Fasten The Driveline To The Mower Gearbox Shaft
1. Line up the holes in the driveline coupler with the groove in the mower gearbox shaft.
2. Install the two M10 x 50 bolts (A) and lock nuts as shown-one from each side. Tighten the nuts to 75 N·m (55 lb-ft).
Remove Front Mower From Crate
1. Remove the two tie straps holding the ends of the push arms to the crate.
2. Remove and discard the lock nuts and flat washers from the two bolts holding the 2 x 4 to the rear bumper.
3. Remove and discard the two bolts from the rear bumper:
· Pry off and discard the tooth washer from each bolt.
· Remove and discard the rubber washer from each bolt.
· Remove and discard each bolt and flat washer.
4. Remove the bag containing the steering wheel, the operator's manual, and the bag of parts.
5. Remove the seat.
6. Remove and discard the two screws from the front 2 x 4.
7. Remove and discard the two brackets used to hold the front 2 x 4.
8. Remove and discard the two round-head bolts and lock nuts from each bracket.
Install The Seat
1. Fasten the seat to the base with two M8 x 20 round-head bolts (A), spacers, and flanged nuts (B).
2. Connect the lead (C) to the seat safety switch (D).
Install The Steering Wheel
1. Put the rear wheels in the straight-ahead position.
2. Install the 65 mm (2.5 in.) black plastic spacer on the steering wheel shaft.
3. Put the steering wheel on the shaft with one spoke pointing to the rear.
4. Install and tighten the nut (A).
5. Push the cover with insert (B) onto the steering wheel with the leaping deer in the upright position.
Checking Tire Pressure
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Explosive separation of a tire and rim parts can cause serious injury or death:
· Do not attempt to mount a tire without the proper equipment and experience to perform the job.
· Always maintain the correct tire pressure. Do not inflate the tires above the recommended pressure. Never weld or heat a wheel and tire assembly. The heat can cause an increase in air pressure resulting in a tire explosion. Welding can structurally weaken or deform the wheel.
· When inflating tires, use a clip-on chuck and extension hose long enough to allow you to stand to one side and NOT in front of or over the tire assembly.
· Check tires for low pressure, cuts, bubbles, damaged rims or missing lug bolts and nuts.
1. Check tires for damage.
2. Check tire pressure with an accurate gauge.
3. Add or remove air, if necessary.
Front Mower Drive Tires
60 kPa (8 psi)
Front Mower Rear Tires
100 kPa (15 psi)
310 kPa (45psi)